Welcome! My name is Shawna Hess & I'm the owner of Shawna Rae Photography. I'm a Southwest Virginia/Northeast Tennessee based photographer & I specialize in weddings, lifestyle, & newborn photography. My husband is my best friend & I owe the start of my business to him. Shout out to you, boo! I have two beautiful babies -- Ryleigh (5, unspoken assistant) and Gabriel (1). I have a very unhealthy obsession with Alani Nu energy drinks and cringy reality tv. I have the accent of a true southern belle (so I'm told) & it's something I'll never be ashamed of. I am loud and hyper 90% of the time. The other 10% is dedicated to tiptoeing through the house while my smallest human sleeps. I will hype you up the entire session. Seriously. You'll see.. Anyway, I'm inspired by laughter and love. I never want to miss a second of the beauty this world has to offer. I love golden hour & when the light peaks through the trees. I love rich colors and all grainy photos. That's it. That's all I've got. Talk soon.


photography is a huge passion of mine. fun fact, photography is my full time job. so as you can imagine, this is how i provide for my family. i take my job seriously and will provide you with the best experience. when i work with you, my goal is to capture every moment. the raw, beautiful, chaos, and everything in between. i take time to truly understand you as my client and because of that, i can guarantee every image you receive will be an image full of memories you'll cherish forever. take a look around. I hope you love what you see.

 why pick me?

 i'm so glad you asked.